IMPORTANT: Venue has been changed.
Feb. 11th - 12th, 2020
The scope of the workshop is to gather scientists working on modeling and observations of exoplanets, and discuss a variety of nature of climate on exoplanets.
Venue has been changed to CPS.
- Yongyun Hu (Peking University) [via Network Connection (zoom)]
- Jun Yang (Peking University) [via Network Connection (zoom)]
- Takanori Kodama (Universite de Bordeaux)
- Martin Turbet (Geneva Astronomical Observatory)
- Feb 11 (Tue.)
- 10:00-10:10 Opening Remarks [video]
- 10:10-11:10 Arihiro Kamada (Tohoku Univ.), Evolution of hydrological and glaciological activities on early Mars before late Tharsis formation
- 11:30-12:30 Takeshi Kuroda (Tohoku Univ.), Development of a radiation code for a paleo-Mars GCM and beyond [video]
- 12:30-14:00 Lunch
- 14:00-15:00 Martin Turbet (Geneva Astronomical Observatory), Characterizing the atmospheres and climates of nearby Earth-sized, temperate exoplanets [video]
- 15:15-16:15 Yongyun Hu (Peking Univ.) [via Network Connection (zoom)], The ozone layer over tidally locked exoplanets around M dwarfs and biosignature detection
- 16:15-17:15 Jun Yang (Peking Univ.) [via Network Connection (zoom)], Hurricanes and ocean circulation on tidally locked terrestrial planets
- 17:30-18:30 Yasushi Suto (Univ. of Tokyo) [via Network Connection (zoom)], Lessons from Mars and Earth for future explorations of bio-signatures from earth-like planets [video]
- 18:30- Reception
- Feb 12 (Wed.)
- 10:00-11:00 Masaki Ishiwatari (Hokkaido Univ.), Existence conditons of surface water on aquaplanet and landplanet [video]
- 11:15-12:15 Takanori Kodama (Universite de Bordeaux), Climates for planets with small amount of water
- 12:30-14:00 Lunch
- 14:00-15:00 Yuta Nakagawa (Univ. of Tokyo), Planetary obliquity from frequency modulation of direct imaged light curve: mock observation and analysis from GCM simulation of an Earth-like planet
- 15:15-16:15 Hajime Kawahara (Univ. of Tokyo), Global mapping and Surface Compositions of an Earth-like Exoplanet from Direct Imaging
- 16:30-17:30 Yasunori Hori, Do ExoEarths Have Primordial or Secondary Atmospheres?
All participants are expected to make registration using following URLs. Deadline for registration is Feb. 2nd. (JST) .
- You need CPS server account before making workshop regitstratin.
- CPS server account can be apllied form here.
- Workshop registration page is here.
- Yoshi-Yuki Hayashi (Kobe University)
- Masaki Ishiwatari (Hokkaido University)
- Fumihiko Usui (Kobe University)
- Hiroki Kashimura (Kobe University)
- Yoshiyuki O. Takahashi (Kobe University)
- Naoko Nakanishi (Kobe University)